Before submitting a Nomination, ensure your candidate meets the following criteria:
- Demonstrate superior contributions and/or advancement in her profession,
- Possess outstanding community commitment,
- Live or work in the YWCA service area of either the Merrimack Valley, Essex County or Southern NH, and
- Be available to attend the awards ceremony on Thursday, May 18, 2017 at the Andover Country Club between 11:00am and 2pm.
Role of the Nominator
If you are making the Nomination, you are considered the Nominator.
As the Nominator, you should:
* Know the candidate well enough to tell us about her in detail,
* Be available to attend the Awards Luncheon on Thursday, May 18, 2017 with her at the Andover Country Club, and
* Be willing to participate in conveying her nomination via email to colleagues, friends and family as appropriate.
While there is no entry fee to being a Nominator, Nominators do pay for their luncheon reservation, which is $50. Nominators may also purchase a sponsorship, or congratulatory ad for their Candidate. Please note that Candidates who are accepted to be honored have their luncheon paid for by the YWCA.
To Share or Not to Share
The question asked by most Nominators is this: Should I tell my candidate that I’m nominating her for Tribute to Women?
Response…We suggest that you wait. It’s best to complete and submit Step 1 and hear back about your candidate prior to telling her that you’re nominating her for this award. Keep in mind that a Nominator will be emailed the link to complete Step 2 only if your candidate is accepted.
There are two steps to making a Nomination.
Step 1 is to Confirm Your Nominee by completing the form on the right and clicking ‘Submit’.
Your request will then be submitted to a representative who will share your candidate with the Committee, a cross-section of business and community leaders, who will verify that she meets the criteria and ensure there are no conflicts in her nomination. The representative will contact you via email about your candidate within 48 hours. The YWCA reserves the right to make final selections, and all decisions are final.
Step 2: If your candidate is accepted, you, as the Nominator, will be emailed a link to complete the form for Step 2:Nominee Profile Information. At this time you will also be given a due-date for submitting Step 2 to the Committee.
We have reached 100% of nomination capacity.
Nominations closed as of January 31st.
We reached our capacity of candidates on January 31st, and nominations are now closed.
Please contact Susan McNeff.