Perhaps you’re an artist and want to teach a class for one of our residential programs, or you’re retired and want to read to toddlers in the morning. You might be talented with computers and be able to tutor one of our after-school children, or perhaps you’re part of a group that wants to do a community service project and help clean, and spruce up our grounds. Your efforts are greatly appreciated at the YW, and we have several opportunities you can participate in to help improve the lives of women and young children. Here are a few…
- Host a Drive to collect cell phones for our DV recycling program, art supplies for the classrooms, diapers for our infants and toddlers or food drive at holiday, or other times;
- Tutors or computer coaches for our After School Program to work individually with school-age children [weekdays, late afternoons; great for high school students];
- Tutors to work with one of our YWCA Fina House housing residents to help them earn their GED;
- Babysitting while mothers participate in group activities at YWCA Fina House transitional housing programs [training required for this];
- Male mentors for boys in our YWCA Fina House OASIS program;
- Painting, yard work and other ‘spruce up’ projects at our various site locations including Lawrence, Haverhill, and Camp Y-Wood in Salem, NH. [great for corporate or service groups!];
- Administrative assistance for community education programs in our Women’s Health Advocacy group.
You might have a particular interest or skill or be a school group with talents that don’t fit easily into the list above. To find out if your goals are a good fit for the YW, please contact our HR Manager, Priscilla Robinson, or call her at 978.687.0331 x1052.