The YWCAs in Lawrence, Haverhill and Lynn are committed to honoring the generosity of donors by assuring that more than 85% of every dollar raised supports vital programs and services. We invite you to review our Financial Information including our Annual Audits and Annual Reports.
As a 501[c]3 non-profit organization, we depend on gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations to improve the lives of more than 15,000 women, children and families we serve each year in our Lawrence, Haverhill, Lynn and Southern NH sites; all gifts are tax deductible.
Outlined below are the ways that you can invest in our work to help break cycles: of poverty, of abuse or of neglect, right here in our community.
Monetary Donations – Online or by Mail
The easiest and fastest way to make a difference is with an online donation. Via our secure PayPal site, you may make an online donations in any amount, any time of year.
You may also mail a check to:
YWCA of Greater Lawrence
Attn: Development Office
38 Lawrence Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
All monetary donations go either to support general operating funds, or you may choose to identify a specific program for your gift, and we will honor this request.
Gifts in Memory or in Honor of a Loved One
There are times when you want to say something special to a family member, friend or associate, and gives you a unique opportunity to commemorate a birthday, anniversary, wedding, holiday, retirement, graduation, or the loss of a loved one. Your thoughtfulness will be acknowledged immediately to the person or family you choose to honor. If you would like to make such a gift, please contact Susan McNeff.
Many workplaces today offer the opportunity to make a donation to the YWCA of Greater Lawrence through a simple payroll deduction. If your workplace is involved in the United Way or Combined Federal Campaigns, you can specify the YWCA of Greater Lawrence as the recipient of your support.
Be part of the future of the YWCA by remembering us in your will. For more information, please contact Susan McNeff.
We have a variety of in-kind donation needs, though due to State Health Department regulations, we are prevented from accepting donations of used: sheets, pillows, blankets, clothing, upholstered furniture and children’s toys.
With limited storage space and costs associated with receiving, sterilizing and storing items, we now focus on in-kind donations that we know will make a positive impact on the lives of our clients and residents.
Before making any in-kind donations, please review our policy:
- All in-kind donors must contact the agency and receive approval for the donation before any drop-off is made. Donations without prior approval are unable to be accommodated.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of your donations and their condition. You will receive a reply with further instructions.
- The YWCA does not own a truck, and, therefore, all approved donations must be dropped off at our 38 Lawrence Street, Lawrence, MA.
- The YWCA is unable to give a monetary value for in-kind donations, however, upon request we will provide a letter listing donated items. The valuation of the in-kind donation is the responsibility of the donor.
- The YWCA reserves the right to decline any in-kind donation upon delivery if the items, or condition of the items, is vastly different than outlined.
Items We Accept Throughout the Year
Note: Sizes must be regular size, not travel, super or economy size..
- Disposable diapers and wipes
- Toothbrushes & regular size toothpaste
- Feminine hygiene products
- New hair brushes/combs
- Regular size soap or body wash
- Regular size shampoo & conditioner
- Regular size body lotion
- Disposable razors
- Shaving cream
- Cotton swabs
- New or gently used bowls, dishes, plates
- New or gently used glasses
- Flatware [forks, knives, spoons] in excellent condition
- New towels
- New twin-size sheets and pillowcases [still in packages]
- Unopened laundry detergent
- Unopened cleaning supplies
- New Arts & Craft supplies [crayons, markers, colored construction paper, and such]
- New or gently used DVDs and CDs [appropriate for children, young adults, adults]
- New or gently used books [no ripped/missing pages, spines intact, and suitable for infants, toddlers, children, young adults and adults]
- New or gently used cribs [without mattress; we cannot accept used infant mattresses, but can accept new mattresses]